Community ProfileThe Town of Collingwood
A Snapshot of Collingwood
The Town of Collingwood is located approximately midway between the cities of Barrie and Owen Sound along the shores of beautiful Georgian Bay. With its rich history, proximity to the escarpment and Georgian Bay, and rich artistic and culinary scenes, Collingwood has something to offer for everyone.
Since 2016, Collingwood has experienced explosive growth as families, young professionals, and retirees continue to relocate to the area, creating a more diversified economy and leading to increased opportunities for residents, businesses and visitors. As of 2022, 26,352 people called Collingwood home.
Hospitals and Health Care
- Collingwood General and Marine Hospital
- Hospice Georgian Triangle
- The Georgian Bay Family Health Team
- Collingwood Health Centre
Schools and Child Care
Collingwood is located within the Simcoe County District School Board and the Simcoe Muskoka District Catholic School Board.
- Pretty River Academy (Jk – 8)
- St. Mary’s Catholic School (JK – 8)
- Mountain View Elementary School (JK – 8)
- Admiral Collingwood Elementary School (JK – 8)
- Cameron Street Public School (JK – 8)
- Connaught Public School (JK – 8)
- Little House Montessori School (Ages 2.5 – 9)
- Collingwood Collegiate Institute (Grades 9 – 12)
- Our Lady of the Bay Catholic High School (Grades 9 – 12)
Community Organizations and Services
- Business Development Centre
- Collingwood Library
- Service Canada
- Service Ontario
- TRACKS Employment and Resources Services
- Breaking Down Barrier Independent Living Resource Centre
Local Experiences and Attractions
In addition to the beautiful landscape and access to outdoor activities such as skiing and snowboarding, hiking, and water sports, the Town of Collingwood hosts numerous events throughout the year both to attract tourists and engage residents. Annual festivals and events hosted by the Town include the Collingwood Farmers’ Market, Collingwood Live and Original Summer Concerts, Collingwood Fashion Week, National Indigenous Peopl’s Day Celebrations, among many more. Learn more here.
“Testimonial” from a physician who lives here?