Completing a Referral to 211 Community Connection
How to Get Connected to 211
Are you a community member looking to access 211?
Dial 2-1-1 for assistance.
Are you a health care or community service provider looking to help connect someone to 211?
Complete the referral below.
How to Complete a Referral to 211 Community Connection
- Click ‘Complete a 211 Referral‘ below
- Search ‘211 Community Connection‘
- Click ‘Send eReferral‘
- Fill out the required information, as prompted
- Once all the necessary information has been added, click ‘Send Referral‘ at the bottom of the form
- To complete a referral form, signing in to Ocean is not required
- If the individual being referred has a local primary care provider that they want included on the referral, the provider can be searched and added in the ‘Copy of referral and status updates to‘ line at the bottom of the form
What is 211?
211 is a free 24/7 confidential helpline for all community, social, health and government services. 211 is a three-digit dialing code (like 811 and 911) to access services in Canada and the United States. Call/text 211 or online search and chat at www.211ontario.ca
211 applies a human touch for personalized solutions by using highly-trained and accredited Community Navigators that know how to ask the right questions to get the full picture of a person’s needs. Navigators then provide referrals to services to connect callers to the right supports.
Why Make a Referral to 211 Community Connection?
eReferrals make it easy to connect a community resident in need of social and community supports to 211. An eReferral results in a phone call to the resident by a Community Navigator at Community Connection. Community Navigators provide personal support to connect residents to appropriate local community and social services, providing advocacy, follow up and case conferencing when needed.