Healthcare Resources Open During the Holidays
In South Georgian Bay
Your primary care provider may have reduced hours over the holidays. If you need care over the holidays and cannot get an appointment with your primary care provider, please use the following resources.
If you are in an emergency, please call 9-1-1 immediately.
The following national/provincial free helplines are open 24/7 during the holiday season
- Call or text 2-1-1 to connect with a navigator who can help you find local healthcare resources and community supports
- Call or text 9-8-8 if you or someone you know is thinking about suicide, to talk to a trained responder who will listen without judgement and provide support and resources
- Call 8-1-1 or start a virtual chat on their website to connect with a registered nurse and receive secure and confidential health advice
In-person resources for anyone in South Georgian Bay
- Collingwood After Hours Clinic
- Open weekdays, 5 PM to 8 PM and weekends, 9 AM to noon. Closed Dec 24, 25, 26, 31 and Jan 1.
- Wasaga Beach After Hours Clinic
- Dec 11, to Jan 1, open Mondays and Wednesdays, 4:30 PM to 8:30 PM. Closed December 25, 26 and Jan 1
- Beginning Jan 3, open Monday, Wednesday and Friday, 4:30 PM to 8:30 PM.
- Pharmacy Minor Ailment Prescribing
- Pharmacists can now prescribe medication to treat 19 minor conditions including, pink eye, bladder infections and cold sores. For the full list of eligible conditions or to learn more using this resource, please click here.
- Pediatric Rapid Access Clinic
- Click on the link above to view eligibility requirements, clinic locations and hours and booking availability.
- Grief and the holidays drop-in group
- Drop into Hospice Georgian Triangle on December 21st from 10 AM to 11 AM for a supportive environment to explore and cope with the unique challenges of grieving during the festive season.
- Collingwood General and Marine Hospital emergency department same day or next day booking for cold/flu and minor injuries
- Open weekdays. Closed statutory holidays and weekends
- CGMH emergency department
- Open 24/7. Click here to view estimated wait times