In South Georgian Bay
Trying to Get Your Vaccine?
If you need to get your COVID-19 vaccine, visit the Simcoe Muskoka District Health Unit website for information on where to get it.
SGB OHT Unified Statement:
On behalf of the South Georgian Bay OHT healthcare workers, we are asking our community to come together to take the necessary precautions to protect our community and to prevent the spread of COVID-19 by adhering to Public Health safety measures. We know this is a difficult time for many people but, we need more than ever to stay local, avoid all non-essential travel and only see people in our household. This is a critical component of reducing COVID-19 transmission in our community.
- The Collingwood COVID-19 Assessment Centre is located in the parking lot behind the Collingwood Legion at 490 Ontario Street and operates both the appointment based drive-through COVID-19 assessments and flu shot clinics.
- The Wasaga Beach COVID-19 Assessment Centre is located in the parking lot behind the RecPlex at 1724 Mosley Street and operates both the appointment based drive-through COVID-19 assessments and flu shot clinics.
- Ontario assessment centres will NOT be testing asymptomatic individuals who have not had contact with COVID-19 cases, or outbreaks, and are not in high-risk workplaces. For most up-to-date guidelines go to the covid-19.ontario.ca
Doing Our Part by Following Public Health Guidelines
We all must do our part to follow the public health guidelines and practice:
PRACTICING THE 3 W’S
Wear a mask
Watch your distance
Wash your hands
AND AVOID THE 3 C’S
Closed spaces, especially with poor ventilation
Close contact settings
Close Contact, Gatherings and Events (Public Health Guidelines)
- Limit close contact to your household only (the people you live with).
- Maintain two metres of physical distancing from everyone else.
- Do not visit any other household or allow visitors to your home.
- Individuals who live alone, including seniors, may consider having exclusive, close contact with another household to help reduce the negative impacts of social isolation.
Everyone should avoid social gatherings.
- Virtual gatherings or events are the safest way to visit or recognize occasions with people outside your household.
- Trips outside of the home should only be for essential reasons (work, school, groceries/pharmacy, health care, assisting vulnerable individuals, or exercise and physical activity).
- Wear a face covering in indoor public spaces, outdoors if physical distancing cannot be maintained, or if wearing one is required.
- Staying home is the best way to protect yourself and others.
- Individuals and families in higher transmission areas should avoid travel to lower transmission areas (i.e. from Red to Orange, from Yellow to Green) except for essential reasons.
- Individuals living away from home, including those studying at colleges and universities, should consider doing a self-quarantine, or drastically reducing close contact with others, 10 to 14 days before returning home for the holidays. This will help lower the risk of exposure to COVID-19.
- Stay home if you have symptoms, even if they are mild.
- Wash your hands thoroughly and regularly.
- Cover your cough.
- Download the COVID Alert mobile app.
- Get tested if you have symptoms compatible with COVID-19, or if you’ve been advised of exposure by the health unit or through the COVID Alert mobile app.
COVID testing for travel
- The Ontario government, in consultation with the Chief Medical Officer of Health, has announced COVID-19 testing for outbound international travellers will no longer be funded by the province. Area residents will no longer be able to book a test at the COVID-19 Assessment Centre in Collingwood or Wasaga Beach if the reason for the test is travel.
- The province recommends travellers consult the guidelines of their airline and country of destination and if a test is required, seek the test through a private testing facility or travel clinic. Participating Shoppers Drug Mart and Lifelabs locations are available online or ww.lifelabs.com/flyclear/