COVID-19, Cold and Flu Care Clinic
Information and Booking
The South Georgian Bay COVID-19, Cold and Flu Care Clinic is available by appointment to support people who are experiencing mild to moderate COVID-19, Cold or Flu symptoms and would like to see or speak with a Doctor or Nurse Practitioner. These services are available to those with and without a local doctor or nurse practitioner. This clinic does not provide COVID-19 swabs or vaccines or sick notes.
Who should visit to receive a clinical assessment?
You should book a clinical assessment if you know or suspect that you have COVID-19 and you:
- have been directed by your primary care provider or other health care professional; or
- are unable to safely monitor your symptoms at home; or
- are at higher risk of severe illness, including:
- immunocompromised individuals aged 18 and over regardless of vaccine status
- unvaccinated individuals aged 60 and over
- unvaccinated First Nation, Inuit and Métis individuals aged 50 and over
- unvaccinated individuals aged 50 and over with one or more risk factors
You should bring a list of your medication and a list of any important medical conditions to your appointment for a clinical assessment.
If you have one or more of the following severe symptoms, you should immediately call 911 or go to the emergency department:
- Severe difficulty breathing (struggling for each breath, can only speak in single words)
- Severe chest pain (constant tightness or crushing sensation)
- Feeling confused or unsure of where you are
- Losing consciousness
The booking system opens one day in advance of your appointment. Once you have booked an appointment, please arrive at 186 Erie St, Collingwood and STAY IN YOUR VEHICLE. At the time of your appointment, and while you wait in your vehicle, you will be phoned by our South Georgian Bay Clinical Assessment Team. During this call, the Nurse Practitioner or Physician will decide if you need to come into the clinic for a physical assessment or can return home with health teaching and advice.
Appointments are available Monday, Wednesday or Friday afternoons. To book use the button or QR Code below:
COVID-19 Attestation Form Package
This package has forms you can use instead of a doctor’s note when you or your children are ready to return to your normal activities. (An attestation is a promise that something is true.)